“Someone struggled for your right to vote. Use it.” -Susan B. Anthony
Are you registered to vote? If you aren’t sure, check here.
To register to vote in Texas, simply complete a voter registration application and return it to your county election office at least 30 days before the upcoming election date. To complete an application, you may:
- Complete an application using the SOS ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION. Simply fill in the required information, print, sign and mail directly to your county election office.
- Request a PRINTED APPLICATION. Our office will mail a voter registration application to the address provided.
- Contact or visit your local VOTER REGISTRAR to complete the voter registration process.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age on
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
For additional information on voting in Texas, please visit www.votetexas.gov.
Helping Others to Register
You may send new voters the voter registration application online. They must print it, sign it, and mail it to the voter registrar in their county of residence. They are not registered until they have filled out the online application, printed it, signed it, and mailed it to their local County Voter Registrar. Their County’s Voter Registrar will then process their application, and their registration becomes effective 30 days after it is submitted (and accepted) by the County Voter Registrar. The County Voter Registrar’s address can be found at the top of the online outputted voter registration application once they have submitted their information from the fill-in-the blanks screen.
Have you registered to vote? Here’s how…Tweet
Become a certified Volunteer Deputy Registrar. This will allow you to register people to vote.